A regular car servicing appointment involves a series of actions that are crucial for optimal functioning of the vehicle. During the appointment the car is evaluated for signs and symptoms of damage and wear and tear. Also, car servicing involves refilling oil and cleaning of engine and other moving parts.
Here is a brief list of things that you can expect during the car service appointment at Independent Vehicle Services.
- Checking the safety components of the vehicle, including seat belts, airbags, tyre treads and doors
- Refilling essential fluids, such as engine oil, brake fluid and transmission fluid
- Refilling coolant in the radiator and water for windshield cleaning
- Checking tyre pressure and alignment to ensure the vehicleâ€™s roadworthiness
- Testing the vehicle with diagnostic tools for signs of damage
- Ensuring that the brake pedals are in good condition to use. Here special attention is given to brake pads
- Checking the battery health and recharging if need be
A regular car servicing is recommended once every 3 months for the first year of the carâ€™s life. In the following years, the service is recommended at least once every 6 months. During the regular car check if there are more problems, the mechanic will discuss the repair options with you. The routine service checks during the appointment usually take 3 to 4 hours. So be prepared to leave your car and do something worthwhile during that time. However, if there is a car repair service needed, it may take a day or two, depending on the severity of the problem.