Before you set off on that anticipated road trip that you have been excited about, you need to make sure that your vehicle will be able to make the long journey without any problems along the way. This is why many experienced road-trippers make an automotive checklist before they set off on their journey.
Automotive Checklist to Make Before a Road Trip
Here is a list of things you should check, or have your Independent Vehicle Servicesâ€™ mechanic check before you set off on your road trip:
- Check your carâ€™s brakes
- Inspect the condition and pressure of the tyres
- Inspect the lights and signals
- Inspect the blades of your carâ€™s wipers and the washer liquid
- Inspect your engineâ€™s coolant
- Inspect the hoses, fans and belts
- Make a battery check
- Inspect the fluids including oil
- Make sure that you have basic tools packed
- Pack provisions that will help during emergencies
When you have made this checklist and had any issues attended to, you can be sure that you will not face any automotive problems while you are out on the road. Always make sure that you check everything on your list before you leave and have the team at Independent Vehicle Services take care of any problems first. If every point is tick-marked, you can set off on your automotive trip and have a great time driving to your destination without any problems along the way!